Consent. By accessing this Site, registering with Leading Edge, creating a user profile on our Site, or submitting information to Leading Edge, you consent to this Privacy Notice and the collection and use of information as described herein. If you do not agree with our policies and terms, you may not access this Site.
Personal Information. As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device, such as:
- identifiers (e.g., name, address, telephone number, email address)
- sensitive Personal Information (e.g., insurance information, financial information)
- protected classification information (e.g., race, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, sex, veteran or military status)
- employment-related information
- Nonpublic educational information, including information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
Personal Information does not include (a) publicly available information; (b) aggregate information, meaning data we collect about your use of the Website or about a group or category of services or users from which individual identities or other Personal Information has been removed; or (c) deidentified information that cannot be easily linked back to the individual.
Lawful Basis. We will only collect your Personal Information (a) when applicable, with your consent; or (b) if we have a legitimate interest in doing so. We only collect Personal Information about children with consent from a parent or guardian, as discussed in more detail below.
How We Collect Your Personal Information. We collect Personal Information directly from you, from third parties, and automatically from your use of the Site. The types of Personal Information we collect about you and the manner of collection depends on how you interact with Leading Edge, including the services, offers, and portions of our Site that you use. More specifically, we collect Personal Information:
When you communicate with us, with consent. We collect Personal Information directly from you with your consent when you contact Leading Edge online, via telephone or mail, participate in one of our surveys, or submit an inquiry online. This includes identifiers (as outlined above), user generated materials (such as photos or comments), and Personal Information (as outlined above) which you share voluntarily by posting on our Site.
When you register with Leading Edge, with consent. When you fill out a Leading Edge form, submit an enrollment agreement, or register to use Community Root parent portal, we will collect Personal Information about you and your child directly from you with your consent, including:
- Identifiers; Employment-Related Information. We collect contact information and other identifiers, including emergency contact and release information for your child, as well as your current employment information.
- Subsidy Status. We may collect Personal Information about you or your child via state subsidy forms to determine eligibility for a state subsidy or discount program.
- Payment Information. Leading Edge provides the option of paying for certain Leading Edge services via the payment feature on Community Root. To make online payments, you or someone you authorize to make payments on your account may use Community Root to provide bank, credit card, or other payment-related information (“Payment Information”) to our payment processing Service Provider. Your Payment Information is only used for billing purposes and to provide services.
About your child directly from you, with consent. Leading Edge must collect certain Personal Information about your child in order to provide you with the childcare services you request, including:
- Identifiers. We collect your child’s name, age and date of birth, gender.
- Health Information. We collect health information related to your child’s care needs including allergies, medications, medical care provider, and immunization history, to the extent this information is volunteered by a parent/guardian. We collect this information to ensure that your child receives safe and appropriate care.
Leading Edge only collects Personal Information about children with consent from the child’s parent or guardian. Please note that some of the Personal Information we collect about children is essential to providing a safe and healthy environment for the children in our care. As such, if you refuse to provide us with certain Personal Information about your child, or later withdraw your consent for Leading Edge to use certain Personal Information about your child, Leading Edge may not be able to provide you with childcare services.
From your use of the ClassDojo Mobile App, with consent. Leading Edge offers its families a mobile application (the “Mobile App”) powered by ClassDojo, Inc. (“ClassDojo”). If you choose to download and use the Mobile App, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- Identifiers. We collect your name, email address and other identifiers to save your profile.
- Photos and Videos. Childcare center staff may upload and share photos and videos of enrolled children, with limitations.
- User Generated Material. You have the option to upload photos and videos and to post comments via the Mobile App.
- Internet or Similar Network Activity. We collect information about your activity on Mobile App via the cookies that enable the Mobile App’s features.
From third parties, with a legitimate interest. Depending on your circumstances, Leading Edge may receive Personal Information about you from certain third parties. We collect this information to achieve our legitimate interest of making our services available to a broad array of customers. For example, we may receive Personal Information from:
- Your Employer. If you are offered Leading Edge services through your employer, we may receive employment-related information on your eligibility to use the services as well as identifiers like your contact information.
- Government Agencies. If you are eligible for a childcare subsidy, we may receive Personal Information from government agencies related to your eligibility or reporting information.
Automatically from your use of the Site, with a legitimate interest. We use website analytics and other technologies to collect internet or other similar network activity, including Personal Information and anonymous data, from your use of the Site. We collect this information to achieve our legitimate interest of maintaining and improving the Site and our services. The information we collect in this manner may include:
- Log Files. We use log files to automatically collect certain Personal Information including your Internet Protocol address, as well as anonymous technical information including data about your computer or other device, the type of browser or operating system your device uses, the programs, services, and version of software you use, and the address of any linking websites when you request a web page while visiting the Site.
We may combine this information with the Personal Information you provide to us or merge it into aggregate information about Site visitors and traffic to analyze preferences, trends, and statistics.
How We Use Your Personal Information. We use your Personal Information for the purposes described at the time of collection and for other purposes with your consent and as permitted by law. Depending on your interactions with Leading Edge, we may use your Personal Information:
To provide you with Leading Edge services. We use your Personal Information to provide you with the Leading Edge services you have requested. As part of providing such services, we may use this Personal Information to:
- confirm your registration or enable you to use Community Root and other Site features.
- effectively communicate with you.
- ensure that your child is receiving safe and appropriate care.
- administer first aid and other medical care as necessary.
- comply with licensing regulations and other legal requirements.
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information or provide your consent.
For our direct marketing efforts. We may also use your Personal Information to communicate with you about our services that may be of interest to you in order to achieve our legitimate interest of direct marketing. As part of our direct marketing efforts, we may:
- respond to inquiries we receive from you.
- send you promotional messages, advertising, surveys, and other information that may be of interest to you.
- provide you with other information from and about Leading Edge.
To create and maintain a trusted and safe childcare environment. Leading Edge has a legitimate interest in creating and maintaining a trusted and safe childcare environment for its customers, their children, and Leading Edge employees. To that end, Leading Edge may use your Personal Information to:
- comply with Leading Edge’s legal obligations and licensing requirements.
- protect your privacy, enforce this Privacy Notice, and Leading Edge’s other policies.
- if we believe it is necessary, identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Leading Edge, or to others.
For other purposes as permitted by law. In addition to the specific uses and purposes described above, we might use information that we collect about you, including Personal Information, to:
- notify you about changes to the Site.
- protect our rights and property.
- comply with a law, regulation, legal process or court order.
- fulfill any other purpose with your consent.
This Site Is Not For Children. This Site is designed for use by adults, not children. Leading Edge does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 who may visit our Site, and we do not want to include any Personal Information about children in our databases without first obtaining parental consent. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, or provide any Personal Information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verified parent or guardian consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, or if you become aware of any unauthorized submission of information to Leading Edge, including children’s information, please contact Leading Edge at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-800-341-5791.
Security. Leading Edge employs commercially appropriate and reasonable safeguards both online and offline to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Personal Information that we collect about you. Leading Edge maintains internal policies to govern the collection, processing and handling of data, and restricts access to data to those employees who require such access to perform their job functions. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through standard operating procedures.
Data Security. We use encryption to protect information online, and the servers that store your Personal Information are housed in a secure environment. Even so, no security measure is 100% perfect. We cannot guarantee the security of your information and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your information under our control.
When you register with us, the email address you provide will serve as your unique account name and you will create a password. We will never ask you for your password. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you, and you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
Disclosure. Vendors that provide us with various services (collectively, “Service Providers”) may have access to your Personal Information while they are performing their contractual obligations. We prohibit our Service Providers from selling or disclosing the Personal Information we provide, and we require all Service Providers to maintain confidentiality standards that are commercially reasonable to ensure the security of your Personal Information.
Leading Edge does not sell Personal Information to third parties. However, from time to time, we may disclose Personal Information to third parties, in particular childcare center regulators or medical providers, for our bona fide business purposes. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information to third parties:
- if we have your consent to share the information.
- in an anonymized, deidentified or aggregated state.
- to detect, prevent, or address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- if we are required by federal, state, or local law to disclose the information or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities.
- to exercise or defend our legal claims.
- in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of our assets—any Personal Information you provide us may be a part of the assets transferred.
Leading Edge reserves the right to disclose aggregated information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Controlling Your Personal Information. Leading Edge provides you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your options to control your Personal Information may include:
- correcting, updating, and deleting the Personal Information in your account.
- changing the services in which you have enrolled.
- changing your preferences for how and what about we communicate with you.
- choosing whether to receive marketing communications from us, including promotions, surveys, and information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- requesting access to the Personal Information we hold about you and requesting that we amend or delete it.
At any time, you may exercise any of these controls and choices, express concerns, lodge a complaint, or obtain additional information about the use of your Personal Information by contacting Leading Edge at email@example.com or toll free at 1-800-341-5791.
Third Party Websites. This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected by Leading Edge. We may provide from our Site links to third-party websites as a service to our Site visitors, but we have no ability to control, and we are not responsible for, the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of third-party websites. When you click on links that take you to external websites, you will be subject to their privacy notices and practices and not ours. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy notices of such websites before providing them with any information.
Changes to this Notice. Leading Edge reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time by updating this posting without notice. All changes are effective immediately when posted and apply to all access to and use of the Site. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
For More Information. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of your rights over your Personal Information. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-800-341-5791.